Monday, February 09, 2009

Working out - a family affair.

I recently joined a new gym (or fitness club as some call it). Having spent most of my exercise life at smaller gyms I am amazed at what this club has to offer. It has almost every fitness activity you could think of! Water slides, pools, weights, spa, basketball courts, and even an indoor rock climbing wall.

It was during a recent trip to the club on a Friday afternoon that I realized one of the neatest benefits to having such a wide array of activities. There were so many families there, it was easy to see that at night and the weekends that families use the club as a family night out! I watched a dad play with his toddler in the pool, I watched 2 families play basketball together, and I got a great laugh as I watched a 10 year old try and keep up with his father on the treadmill. The highlight of the gym is the rock climbing wall. The kids love it, and so do the parents. I've been on it a few times, and it really is quite fun!

As a result of my new found interest of indoor rock climbing, I was doing a little research on line and found this picture of a really cool take on a rock climbing wall. It seems to be a combination of standard rock wall grips, and then some other more creative things to hold on too. (Although it's clearly missing the safety harnesses!)



William doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to be doing some renovations soon to add this into our house!!! (Just kidding)

JOHN

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Hi guys. I found your website linked from the ad panel on Facebook (oddly enough) but had a look around out of curiosity. You seem like two really amazing people; I truly hope everything works out for you, that your adoption wait is short and parenthood is everything you've dreamed it would be.

Fingers crossed for you,
Kelley

P.S. That climbing wall?? Way too cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey I just finished reading your Blog from start to the present day,Wow u guy's have been through alot of fun time's... I'm Glad to of read of someone else going through the process of Open Adoption.. Post more of that Journey's High's and Low's so I might have a Bird's Eye View into it all...

Anonymous said...

After finding you two on AdoptionOnline.org I just [i]had[/i] to read the blog and drop a comment. You both seem so very committed to each other and really excited about the prospect of parenthood. I hope your search is a short one and you find your son or daughter as quickly as possible. May God bless you both with health,happiness and, of course, a child to love. :)