Thursday, February 08, 2007

Modern baby furniture??? Maybe not this modern...


Along the same lines as yesterdays post - today's search for baby furniture brought me to an interesting furniture maker from the Netherlands called Piet Hein Eek (www.pietheineek.com). PHE uses reclaimed wood for all of their furniture pieces. They hand select each piece of wood to make original one of a kind furniture. I usually think that time consuming, hand made goods are better then most but I'm not sure this time. When I showed these pictures to a couple of my our friends the first thing out of their mouth was "splinters."

I guess I can appreciate the aesthetic value of these unique pieces, but I don't think we'll be buying these pieces for our future child.

JOHN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The line of furniture from PHE includes much more than the baby furniture. Check out some of the desks, side tables, even lamps that they make. I have a side table that I adore!

Good luck with your search to you both.

Adam