Friday, August 29, 2008

Books, books, and more books


















William just posted a blog about one of our favorite books being turned into a movie (I hope it comes out well!), so I thought I'd add a quick little post to point out a few of our other favorite books. Here's our current top five favorites:

1. Where The Wild Things Are (we've both loved this one from when we were kids)
2. The Giving Tree (makes me cry.. but I just love it!)
3. This Is New York (one of our favorite places to visit, and neat book)
4. Tell Me About The Night I Was Born (This is a great book about adoption)
5. And Tango Makes Three (The story of two penguins who adopt an egg)

JOHN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. The wide range of books you have ready in the nursery are one small indication of the wonderful, nurturing, loving home you have built together. The baby who becomes a part of your family will be a very lucky little boy or girl. You two will be such great parents! Mom

Anonymous said...

I just found your ad on Facebook and, while I am in no position to help you out, I just wanted to let you know that I really hope you acheive your dream. You two sound like an amazing couple and your story brought me to tears. Good luck with your search.
:)

Bridgie said...

The Giving Tree makes me cry as well. You guys should check out David Shannon's books as well- he is my favorite "new" children's author!