Saturday, January 12, 2008

So much love to give...

The holiday season is over - and it was a blast! We had some time to relax (and eat!) and gather with friends and family. As it always is, during the holidays it's great to see and be in touch with so many people. Like many, the holidays always find me reaching out to people who I haven't had an opportunity to speak with in some time. Of course, since we are in the adoption process and searching for a birthmother many of the holiday conversations end up with discussion about adoption. Everyone we know continues to be interested in our progress.

I continue to be amazed with how much support our friends and family give us. They are all rooting for us, and can't wait to see a baby in our house. Without a doubt, everyone always says "you guys will be such great parents. You have so much love to give a child, he or she will be so lucky." Well, although we don't know if luck is the right word, we definitely know that we do have SO MUCH LOVE TO GIVE our future child. We really believe that love is the foundation of any great family. Love is what brings a family together and, if fostered, love will keep a family together. Love is what brought John and I together, and it's what makes our extended families so amazing. We know that raising a child isn't always going to be easy, BUT we know that with the love that is in our hearts we can and will make every necessary sacrifice to ensure that our child grows up to be an amazing person (and enjoy all the fun times along the way!).

Okay - I know that's a little more sappy then you might be used to from me. I can't help it. I guess reminiscing about the holiday season has got to me.

Thanks for reading.
~W

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both. I know you have waited so long for this. You are going to be the best dads to your new baby. Your birthmother sounds like a miracle

Best,

Beth