Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bugaboo

We were given a Bugaboo stroller (www.bugaboo.com) by my company as a "Good luck in your adoption" present. When I brought the box home, William's eyes became glazed over and a huge smile broke out on his face, he then immediately started tearing into the package. William's Bugaboo obsession seemed to have started the minute we decided we wanted a baby. I would overhear him saying what color and combinations he wanted for the stroller, what many things the stroller could actually do, though sadly making tea was not one of them, and where he would take our future baby in this contraption. By 10:30 pm we had a fully assembled stroller and he had watched the info DVD 4 times already. The best part of the night was as I was getting ready for bed, I walked out into the living room and caught William checking out his new proud toy in the mirror as he walked around the house pushing the stroller. Just another reason I know he is going to be a fantastic dad, as he is already playing the part. I managed to catch him off guard with this photo.

At this point neither of us knows exactly how to disassemble the stroller, and though we have watched the DVD many times and read the entire instruction manual, we look forward to figuring out how it will exactly fit in the station wagon or the SUV. For right now the Bugaboo, along with a few childrens books, sits in the baby's room waiting for our future baby.

JOHN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture!!! Bill, you are so cute. lol. He WILL make the best stay at home Dad!!! Oh, and props to you, John, for snapping Bill strolling about the house. He's hard to catch off gaurd in my experience. Very impressive. HAHA. This blog is great. I'm going to check it now and again for baby updates, so keep them coming.

Lots of love to you both,
Sasha